Thursday, June 23, 2016

Story Work for Sirens Call Piece

I spent this evening doing more background work on the story I am writing for Sirens Call. I decided that I needed to understand the setting and my character's particular subculture very well before I started writing the story. I want to have a clear and vivid feel for it in my head.

But now the story is saying to me, "You could make a novel out of this." Yeah. Maybe for NaNoWriMo, not sooner.

I believe I will begin writing it tomorrow night, as I don't want to get so wrapped up in the worldbuilding and the cult my protagonist belongs to that I ignore the real point of the story.
I have also bought a copy of Strange Little Girls, which is a previous anthology that Sirens Call published recently. I want to get a feel for the kinds of stories and settings that they are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment