Sunday, June 26, 2016

A Unicorn Story in the Works

At one time I wrote a story about a unicorn for CBAY Books' Stepmothers and the Big, Bad Wolf anthology with the intent of writing about the metaphorical wolf that is fear, rather than a literal wolf in my story.  Turned out, however, that the bulk of the stories they got took the idea literally, so my unicorn story would have looked odd in that grouping, and the story was declined.

When people say 'wolf,' they actually mean 'wolf.'  Who knew?  :)

I now find myself faced with the prospect of writing another unicorn story that will in fact deal with the same theme (fear) as the first one.  It will be set in the modern world, though.  I am looking forward to this.  Now, I think, it's time to do some research.

No comments:

Post a Comment