Some things I learned about writing last night:
1. It is scary and wonderful how a story can suddenly come together so that it not only makes sense, but all the parts of it fit together in ways you never imagined they would.
2. It's good to make giants grumpy and inelegant. They are so much more fun, that way!
3. Giants and witches have a sense of humor. It's hilarious when they use it.
4. Fall in love with your setting as well as your characters.
5. One of my favorite plot points for this story was used as the result of reading about real gigantism.
Current project now is beta-reading a story for a friend.